THE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIVILEGES OF SCHOOL PREFECTS
· To act as good examples to all other pupils in terms of attitude and behaviour, uniform, punctuality and attendance.
· To represent all at Nigerian Tulip International Colleges in promoting the good name of the school in and around school and in the community.
· To uphold the school rules and Learning Charter and help to see that others do the same.
· To help maintain the smooth running of the school by assuming the following responsibilities:
1. Completing a duty according to the Break and Lunchtime Duty Rota, to a good standard by, being punctual and dealing with pupils and adults in a mature manner.
2. Representing the school at school events and functions, e.g. Open Day, Parents’ Evenings.
3. Representing a link between the pupils and staff at the school.
· To wear their Prefect Badges at all times in school and make arrangements to replace them if lost.
· To realize that Prefects may have their status taken away if they do not fulfil the above requirements.
· School Prefects will be allowed into school lunch first, provided Prefect Badges are worn.
· Successful School Prefects will receive a certificate on leaving school.
· The Head Boy and Head Girl will carry out additional duties with reference to the organization and they will undertake any other duties at the discretion of the Heads.
· Prefects should bring their planner to their duty and obtain staff signature to confirm that duties are completed by the guidance and counsellor.
· Form Tutors will check duty logs whilst checking planners and inform Guidance and counsellor of those not keeping a log of duties.
· Prefects who do not carry out their responsibilities should be reported to guidance and counsellor, who will pass on recommendations for badges to be taken away, from the prefects.
· Prefects will be selected by all Guidance and counselling committee on the basis of the following criteria:
1. The pupils have fulfilled all the criteria for being a prefect.
2. They have fulfilled the additional criteria of Leadership Qualities, Communication Skills and Responsibility.